Hall Policy and Etiquette
Use of the Auditorium:
- No tape, paint, sticky substances, etc. that would alter the appearance of the auditorium are to be used.
- All equipment and props must be approved by auditorium staff prior to its use.
- Use of the green room is limited to individuals who are part of the production.
- The green room must be left in its original condition. The auditorium staff will not be responsible for any items left in the green room once the reservation period is over.
- Only the auditorium personnel are permitted to operate the auditorium’s A/V and computer systems.
- Your organisation will be wholly responsible for any damage caused by your group to the auditorium, its equipment, etc. during your organisation’s reservation period.
- Presenters are encouraged to come 10-15 minutes prior to the event start time to work with AV staff to prepare any computer presentations or microphone setups. If the presenter is bringing their own laptop/device, please contact our staff directly to make sure it is compatible with our system.
Conduct in the Auditorium:
- No food or drinks are permitted in the auditorium. Audience members may bring in water only in canteens or bottles. Water can be provided for speakers/performers on stage. Any food or drink brought into the green room must be consumed in the green room only.
- No chewing gum is permitted in the auditorium.
- The stage and seating area must be left in their original condition. The auditorium staff will not be liable for any items left on the stage or in the seating area once the reservation period is over.
- For the safety and consideration of others, please avoid climbing over or placing your feet on the seats.
- Aisles and doors must remain clear at all times. All videotaping, photography, etc must be done from designated areas.
- The auditorium staff reserve the right to remove anyone in gross violation of the safety rules or engaged in disruptive conduct.
The Janaki Ammal Auditorium has ample parking space available at multiple levels – Surface and Basement parking – for both two wheelers and four wheelers. Visitors will have separate entry and exit gates at both levels with proper direction boards and on-hand staff to aid stress-free parking.
- Total number of parking spaces available – 158
- Total number of Surface parking spaces available – 99
- Total number of Basement parking spaces available – 59
- Total number of parking spaces available – 136
- Total number of surface parking spaces available – 102
- Total number of Basement parking spaces available – 34
The concert hall has 5 entrances and exits that have been designed to help guests find their seats easily without any hassle. With two wide corridors leading to these entrances, the auditorium allows for a large group of people to enter the hall together at the same time.
Designed for the disabled:
The corridors on either side of the auditorium also have raised ramps to aid any person with an impairment or a disability.
Two public lifts are located near the entrances and exits to make the passage to the hall more convenient. The lifts are also equipped with automatic doors and arrival announcements. Visitors parking in the basement can directly access the auditorium via these lifts.
1. How do I rent the auditorium?
Renting the auditorium is easy. Just follow this three-step procedure to book the hall to host your event;
- Click on the calendar in the events section to see the available dates on our schedule.
- Call or e-mail and confirm the availability of the date you have in mind.
- Download the rental agreement form on the Rental Info page, fill out the information and send us a copy.
2. Who gets priority in renting?
The auditorium is rented on a first come, first served basis.
3. How many dressing rooms/ green rooms does the auditorium have?
The auditorium consists of two green rooms with attached toilets and one rehearsal room/dormitory.
4. Can I bring my own food into the auditorium?
For certain receptions and meetings, permission may be obtained to utilize the state-of-the-art kitchen and dining space. However, food items will not be permitted into the auditorium. For more, please read hall etiquette.
5. Is parking available?
Yes. We have a parking space that can accommodate nearly 160 cars and 150 two-wheelers.